About Ballistic Armour Technologies (Pty) Ltd
BAT is driven by a vision to supply armoured commercial vehicles which provide a high level of ballistic protection coupled to optimal total cost of ownership
This is achieved by combining high quality production and assembly practices with a clear awareness of evolving market needs, and focusing this approach on the commercial market only.
BAT is a Proudly South African company which holds a dominant position in the market, keeping to our core philosophy that our products must be
Engineered to be the Best.
We operate out of our own 10 000m2 facility in the City of Germiston in South Africa, which houses:
• Vehicle Design & Prototype Shop, including CAD-CAE and CAM capability. We design and prototype all proprietary hardware and software in-house.
• Full Component Manufacturing Workshop, including an automated laser cutter, welding stations, metals preparation and paint shop. This allows us to manufacture our components in-house, giving us control over quality, allowing flexibility and ensuring shorter lead times.
• An in-house Electrical Hardware Manufacturing Facility, including wiring looms and electrical assemblies.
• Vehicle and Components Assembly Shop.
• Repair & Refurbishing Shop, for regular maintenance and repairs as well as full refurbishment of existing vehicles and componentry.
• Modern Parts Warehouse, to ensure efficient production and parts holding for our clients.
BAT's strength lies in our inherent quality, flexibility and scalability, having the advantages of a large company but retaining the flexibility and personal interaction with our clients which one normally associates with a small business.